A strong marketing and media plan helped PRC get the word out.
A healthy marketing plan starts with a goal. For Pregnancy Resource Center of Metro Richmond (PRC) that goal was simple: reach more women at risk for abortion. The next step? Chart out how to do that.
We outlined a plan that focused on three elements:
The channels: Reaching women where they're at by focusing on social media and outdoor advertising.
- Social media —Facebook and Instagram —allows us to target specific locations and demographics.
- Social media ad delivery is quick. Once you upload a visual and push a button, your ad is live.
- Poster billboards are large and noticeable. PRC's target demographic (and —bonus! —many others) will see them whether they're walking, driving, or using public transportation.
- By using billboards in specific locations, we can ensure they're in highly trafficked areas where women are likely to see them.
- Believe it or not, they're a budget-friendly option. And with the number of people seeing them each day, the return on investment can be high.
The message: Letting women know PRC is here for them and can confirm their pregnancies at no charge
- A woman facing an unexpected pregnancy has two needs: emotional and logical.
- A dual message of we're here for you and we can confirm your pregnancy not only meets this need, but also reaches more women.
- These messages complement each other, allowing for a cohesive look and feel.
The audience: Honing on the specific areas in and around Richmond where PRC's audience lives and works
- PRC serves a broad area. A defined focus gives their advertising more "bang for their buck."
- By identifying four of PRC's highest served zip codes, we can target both the social media and outdoor ads.
- And very simply, targeting these zip codes increases the probability women will see the ads on their phones or while they're out and about.
The media plan: Identifying what helps PRC reach more women at risk for abortion
- Run the social media and billboard ads concurrently. In this case, four weeks.
- Measure their effectiveness by 1) asking PRC clients how they heard about their services 2) Using Facebook and Instagram's robust ad tools.
- Report on findings and determine the best next steps for PRC.